Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Grade Freak


I was very proud of my clown book bag, until....



I started school in 1966 going straight into first grade. Our school system did not offer kindergarten, but did I ever need it. I was so socially handicapped my mom could have got money from the March of Dimes had she asked. I remember picking out my book bag and lunchbox with great thought. I loved my school accessories until I got to school the first day. I then realized that a boy in my class had the same book bag, so I ditched it in the coat closet and refused to carry it. It stayed there for several days until my teacher noticed it and brought it out to find it's owner. I was mortified when I had to go up to the front of the class and claim it. The boy then announced that it was just like his,while I stuffed it under my desk covered by my jacket. What a little weirdo I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment